Dealers are committed to enhancing the local communities in which they live and work, including serving as environmental stewards. Since 2007, NADA/ATD have partnered with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to help dealerships use energy more efficiently. To help secure recognition for dealers who are leading the pack, NADA/ATD and EPA are conducting a dealership Energy Use survey.
1. To Compare Energy Use and Save Energy and Money – Dealerships completing the survey will create a baseline for use when choosing future energy reduction strategies.
2. To Protect the Environment – Using data pooled from all dealerships completing the survey, dealerships can measure their energy efficiency improvements and reduce their environmental footprint.
3. To Earn Recognition – Using the survey results, EPA will develop a dealership ENERGY STAR score, allowing top performing dealers to become ENERGY STAR certified.
4. To Enhance Customer Loyalty and Trust – Since more than 90% of customers recognize the ENERGY STAR logo and most of those prefer buying from environmentally-friendly businesses, Energy Star certification can attract new customers and help dealers stay competitive in the market place.
5. To Gain the Respect of Regulators – Given that auto dealership are highly regulated businesses at the federal and state level, reducing energy and water use will both save money and earn the respect EPA and other regulators who appreciate when businesses make sustainability a front and center issue.
To encourage completion of the Energy Star survey, NADA/ATD is offering the opportunity to win a $100 Amazon gift card. For each survey you complete, just send an email to email@example.com describing a success you’ve had with reducing your energy use. The best ten submissions will be selected to each get a gift card. Official contest rules can be found here.