The National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) has launched a new training program exclusively for dealership managers.
The new NADA Professional Series provides training to new or high-potential department managers working in sales, office, parts and service. It’s designed to fit the busy automotive retail lifestyle of dealership managers with convenient classes offered at three locations across the country.
“NADA is the only organization in the country that offers a full training program to give dealership managers the tools they need to run a profitable department,” said Peter Fong, NADA senior vice president of dealership operations. “And very few, if any in the industry, offer training for office managers.”
Each NADA Professional Series is comprised of four instructional modules:
- Core Competencies (Learn the Job): Two-day classroom, instructor-led and interactive/online courses;
- Leadership Foundations (Learn to Lead): Two-day classroom, instructor-led and interactive/online courses;
- Human Resources Foundations (Learn to Build a Team): Self-paced online courses; and
- DMS Applications (Find Data to Succeed): Self-paced online courses.
Ideal candidates for the program are up-and-coming dealership managers who will receive the training they need to successfully run their departments while spending minimal time out of the dealership, Fong added. The courses only require an employee to be away from the dealership twice for a total of four days, and participants can complete the program in as few as three months.
“We want the next generation of automotive retailing professionals to secure their success at the dealership,” Fong said.
Classes, which begin in June 2018, are now available on a “first-to-register” basis across three different locations: Tysons, Va.; Cerritos, Calif.; and Dallas, Texas.
Here’s the upcoming class schedule and locations for June:
- June 5 – 6: Office Manager (Tysons, Va.);
- June 7 – 8: Sales Manager (Tysons, Va.);
- June 19 – 20: Office Manager (Cerritos, Calif.);
- June 21 – 22: Sales Manager (Cerritos, Calif.);
- June 26 – 27: Service Manager (Tysons, Va.); and
- June 28 – 29: Parts Manager (Tysons, Va.).
For the full class schedule or to register, visit www.nada.org/professionalseries.
For more information, contact Camron Wilson with NADA Dealership Operations at email@example.com or 703.821.7210.