This year’s ATD Show will offer profit-generating ideas for your dealership in the form of education sessions on the commercial truck industry’s top trending topics. These workshops and info sessions will present an opportunity to get vital information from both industry experts and your industry peers. Get a sneak peek at what’s in store and view the full list of education and idea-sharing sessions that will take place at ATD Show 2018:
Recruiting, Hiring and Retaining Employees
Dealerships face a challenge recruiting and hiring the best talent, especially technicians. In this session, we’ll help you better understand the millennial generation’s mindset toward work, how to attract the top talent of this generation and how to get them excited about your dealership jobs. Learn how some dealerships build a strong career brand to attract quality applicants. We’ll review a recent study from TechForce Foundation on transportation industry technicians and hear how an outdated image of the affects young men and women making career choices. Friday • 3.23.2018 • 9:45am-10:45am
- Kevin Baumgart, Vice President, Business Development, Hireology, Chicago, IL
- Greg Settle, Director, National Initiatives, TechForce Foundation, Scottsdale, AZ
The Road to Autonomous Trucks
Autonomous vehicle technology is evolving quickly, and fully autonomous vehicles may be available in the next five years. What does that mean for commercial truck dealers? Saturday • 3.24.2018 • 9:45am-10:45am
- Dan Murray, Vice President of Research, ATRI, Arlington, VA
- Kary Schaefer, General Manager for Marketing and Strategy, DTNA, Portland, OR
Industry Roundtable: Economic Update
Knowledge is power. Experts on economic conditions in the transportation industry will provide a comprehensive look at past, present and expected future performance. Topics include distribution channels and market trends for original equipment and the aftermarket for the commercial truck industry. Thursday • 3.22.2018 • 3pm-5pm
- John Blodgett, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, MacKay and Co., Lombard, IL
- Steve Tam, Vice President, ACT Research, Columbus, IN
- Kenny Vieth, President and Senior Analyst, ACT Research, Columbus, IN
- Jim Meil, Principal, Industry Analysis, ACT Research Columbus, IN
- Patrick Manzi, Senior Economist, NADA, Tysons, VA
While you’re learning and engaging, don’t forget to check out the ATD Exchange as well. These peer-to-peer roundtable discussions and brainstorming sessions are based on timely topics selected by attendees. Talk about real solutions to your dealership’s most pressing issues from your fellow dealers and industry partners. Learn more about the ATD Exchange schedule for this year.
In addition to ATD-specific workshops, attendees also have access to NADA Show Education throughout the weekend. View the list of NADA Show 2018 education sessions here.
Still need to register for ATD Show 2018? Visit the ATD Show website and reserve your spot today!